Canon G3000 Vs G3010 Vs G3012 Printer Specifications
Let’s look into specs side of Canon Pixma G3000 Vs G3010 Vs G3012 comparison review:
If you are viewing through a mobile, please scroll to see the full table.
|Features|| Canon G3000|| Canon G3010|| Canon G3012
|Functionality||All-In-One Ink Tank||All-In-One Ink Tank||All-In-One Ink Tank|
|Maximum number of|
prints per one full refill
|7000 Prints||7000 Prints||7000 Prints|
|Print Per Minute|
|8.8 pages (B/W)|
5 pages (colour)
|8.8 pages (B/W)|
5 pages (colour)
|8.8 pages (B/W)
5 pages (colour)
|Ink Cost||~2200 Rs||~2200 Rs||~2200 Rs|
|Cost Per Print||8 Paise For B/W|
21 Paise For Color
|8 Paise For B/W|
21 Paise For Color
|8 Paise For B/W
21 Paise For Color
|Display||Not Available||1.2 In Display||1.2 In Display|
|OS Support||Windows 7 or higher|
|Windows 7 or higher||Windows 7 or higher|
|ADF||Not Available||Not Available||Not Available|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Canon is one of the oldest and well-known brands in the printer industry, which is known to produce some high-quality printers available today. They have always launched products that are most useful for a specific category of consumers: homes and small businesses. Canon has been producing some top-notch printers in the market. Be it for small businesses or homes or students; they have always shown quality in their gadgets. Today we are going through an in-depth Canon Pixma G3000 Vs G3010 Vs G3012 printer comparison review. These are a few of the best printers in the market with great features and affordable prices in each segment. Though all the three printers provide excellent features, some features make it better for a specific audience group.
Canon Pixma G3000 Vs G3010 Vs G3012 Comparison Review
All three printers have been created with broad customer requirements in mind. Most of the features are the same; however, there are some differences between the three models which make them suitable for different categories. Although these models come at a different price range, the differences include only a few extra features.
Let’s have a look at some of the features they provide with their price range and the kind of performance they provide.
In terms of design, all the three models Canon G3000, G3010 and G3012 has the same form factor. The design is ideal for homes and small offices. The entire body is made from very high-quality plastic and seems to be very durable. None of the printers has a large footprint, and they can be placed anywhere at home or office. The ink tank is built within the body, which increases the overall dimension by a bit.
UI/UX is where a major difference lies between these three printers. One of the crucial features that distinguish between G3000 and the other two printers is the display feature. There is a small 1.2-inch display screen on both G3010 and G3012 model which helps the user to navigate through various functions of the printer. This feature is missing in the Canon G3000 model. At a price range of 12,000 Rs, the display panel was an essential feature that Canon should have added to this model as well. The weight of Canon G3000 is around 5.8 Kg, which is quite heavy. The other two models G3010 ad G3012 are 500 grams heavier than G3000, which makes them a little heavy in terms of mobility.
Print And Scan Features
Our research indicates that all three models can produce some high-quality prints at a resolution of 4800×1200. The scanning resolution is 600×1200 dpi which is common for all the three printers. All three models support paper up to 275 GSM and have an excellent photo print quality. All of these printers have all-in-one functionality which enables them to perform Scan, Print and Copy function. The copy function can print up to a maximum of 20 prints at one time. None of the printers provides the ADF (Automatic Document feeder) function that prints on both sides automatically. It is undoubtedly a letdown at a price range of around Rs13000 for the G3012 model.
Among these printers, Canon G3000 is the noisiest printer of all the 3 printers whereas the other two printers create less noise while operating. All three models have a printing speed of 8.8 pages per minute for black and 5 pages per minute for colour. It can also print a 4×6 inch borderless photo in 60 secs.
All three models are based on the ink tank version. Since all three are ink tank models, they come with ample ink storage which can provide you with low-cost printing with maximum yield.
- Canon G3000 Ink Cost: G3000 supports GI-790 CYMB inks. It is readily available in both online and offline. The cost of one full set of ink bottles is around 2200 Rs. There are many other third party cheap inks that are promoted as original ink from Canon. We encourage you to use genuine ink to get maximum productivity and quality. G3000 can give a page yield of around 7000 prints in a single refill. These numbers are pretty satisfactory for an ink tank printer. Due to this, the print cost for all the three comes around 8 paisa for black and 21 paisa for coloured prints.
- Canon G3010 Ink Cost: The ink used and cost per page is similar to G3000 with an exception in page yield. As per Canon, brochure G3010 can yield up to 7000 pages, but our research showed that under low settings it could yield around 7300 pages. Apart from that, both are the same.
- Canon G3012 Ink Cost: G3012 has a similar ink cost to G3000 and G3010. They all use the same type of ink, and the cost per page is also very similar, but G3012 has the upper hand in this section. Also, the page yield is around 7500 for this model under low settings.
The ink refill process is also very similar. These printers are equipped with spill-proof ink refilling. So you don’t have to get your hand dirty every time you recharge the ink tank.
Connectivity And OS Support
Canon G3000, G3010, and G3012 printers are equipped with multiple connectivity options. Canon provides wired USB connectivity along with wireless WiFi connectivity in all the three models. This is helpful for anyone who is thinking of using these models for office use. WiFi connectivity option allows remote printing from anywhere in the world through wireless connectivity. Also, wireless connectivity removes the hassle of managing a wired connection with a printer. It also supports Canon SELPHY App, which will help you to print and scan documents wirelessly.
However, the significant difference between the three models is in the OS compatibility options they provide. Canon G3000 is the only model among the three that support both Windows operating system and Mac. Whereas G3010 and G3012 only with the Windows operating system. With the increasing number of Mac users day by day, it is a shame to see Canon release products that aren’t compatible with Apple OS. The majority of professionals are using Mac devices personally and professionally and, Canon G3010 and G3012 do not seem to be the perfect choice for them. We can hope that they start supporting mac in the future as well.
Warranty And Customer Support
As far as customer support is concerned, Canon is well known for the brilliant technical support for their products. Apart from that, all the spare parts for the printers and ink refill for ink tank printers are readily available online and offline stores. Canon provides a limited 1-year or 30,000 prints (whichever happens first) warranty on all three models.
All three printers provide almost the same features apart from a few different support features. So we will discuss drawbacks with respect to which printer in this series lacks certain features.
- One of the important drawbacks of these models is the lack of Mac operating system support in Canon G3010 and 3012. With most of the office using iMac devices, they should have added the support for Mac OS as well. Many other printers provide Mac compatibility for a lesser price.
- Another con of G3000 is that it creates a lot of noise while working, which could turn out to be annoying. Canon G310 and 3012 are slightly less noisy than G3000.
- Similarly, G3000 is not a power-efficient machine and draws so much power while working and while in sleep mode. In comparison, G3010 and G3012 are more power-efficient than G3000.
- One of the other major drawbacks would be the price offering on these models. There are many other printer models available in the market which provide the same features at a much more competitive price range.
- Compared to other printers in our list, Canon G3000 does not support Message in App, Mopira and Easy Photoprint + apps.
Canon G3000, G3010, and G3012 provide a great bundle of features for different types of users, such as office users and home users. Performance-wise, all three are very close to each other, or it can be said that they are almost equal in performance. However, each model is not suitable for everyone and supports the different needs of the consumer. A combination of useful overall features and multiple OS support make G3000 a perfect partner for small office requirements. With the inbuilt WiFi connectivity option, it can be instrumental in an office. On the other hand, lack of Mac OS support does not make G3010 and G3012 a perfect printing partner for office. Although it is excellent for use at homes and schools.
The price for G3010 and 3012 is a little bit on the higher side; however, with the name of Canon and the type of products they offer, the price is justified. The superior image printing quality and top-notch build quality make it worth the price. Although these models are recommended to buy at this price point, we would have loved to see some advanced features like ADF at this price range.
My pick from this series would be Canon G3010. I chose G3010 over other models because it is available at an affordable price with all the essential features.
If you are looking to buy a printer at this price point, you can go for the Canon 3000 series. It has all the necessary features expected from a printer and comes with the highest quality standards from Canon.