Table of Contents
HP 530 Vs Epson L5190 Vs Canon G4010 Printer Specifications and Features
|HP 530||Epson L5190||Canon G4010|
|Functionality||Print, Scan and Copy||Print, Scan, Copy and Fax||Print, Scan, Copy and Fax|
|Page Yield||6,000 Black & White8,000 Colour||4,500 Black & White7,500 Colour||5,000 Black & White7,000 Colour|
|Print speed||9 IPM Black & White5 IPM Colour||10 IPM Black & White5 IPM Colour||8.8 IPM Black & White5 IPM Colour|
|Cost Per Print||10 Paise For B/W21 Paise For Colour||7 Paise For B/W18 Paise For Colour||8 Paise For B/W21 Paise For Colour|
|Ink Cost||~2100 Rs||~2100 Rs||~2100 Rs|
|Wireless ConnectivityOptions||Dual-band Wi-FiBluetooth LE||Single-band Wi-Fi||Single-band Wi-Fi|
|Display||Touch-screen Display||LCD Display||Segmented Display|
|Paper Tray Capacity||100 Pages||100 Pages||50 Pages|
|Max. Duty Cycle||Up to 1000 Pages||Up to 500 Pages||Up to 1000 Pages|
|Maximum Paper Size||300 gsm||200 gsm||275 gsm|
|OS Support||Windows 7 or higher|
|Windows 7 or higher|
|Windows 7 or higher|
|Number of Max.Wireless Users||1-3 Connections||1-8 Connections||Not Available|
|Maximum Resolution /PrintQuality||5760 x 1400 dpi||4800 x 1200 dpi||4800 x 1200 dpi|
|Warranty||1 Year or 30,000 Prints||1 Year or 30,000 Prints||1 Year or 15,000 Prints|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Due to the sudden growth in the printer industry, it has been really hard to pick the best printer for any given amount. The current ink tank printer trend has made it more complicated since most of the printers have a very similar feature set and printing properties.
In this article, I will compare three medium-price ranged printers: HP 530, Epson L5190 and Canon G4010. These three printers are a few popular printers in the ‘below Rs 20,000’ price range. Without wasting much time let us get into HP 530 vs Epson L5190 vs Canon G4010 printer comparison.
Since these printers have above average price, the printer has to accommodate some advanced features. To accommodate these advanced features manufacturers had to tweak the design of these printers without compromising their visual appeal.
- The HP Smart Tank 530 printer looks totally different from its other counterparts by implementing a new futuristic design. This printer comes with an all-black design with an ADF tray at the top. They have totally nailed the aesthetic aspect of this printer. HP 530 printer weighs around 6.2 kg.
- The Epson EcoTank L5190 printer looks somewhat similar to its predecessors, the only difference is the user interface placed in front. This printer comes with an ADF tray at the top. Epson L5190 printer weighs around 5 kg.
- The Canon PIXMA G4010 printer design looks very similar to its predecessors. However, you can find some differences. Among those differences, the advanced user interface is the only change that improves the visual appeal of this printer. The printer comes with an ADF tray at the top. This printer weighs around 7.3 kg.
Print, Scan, Copy and Fax Features
- The HP 530 printer is an all-in-one printer having options such as printing, scanning, and copying. This printer has a page yield of 8,000 pages for colour prints and 6,000 pages for black and white (monochrome) prints. The cost per print for colour printing is 21 paise and, for black and white printing it is 10 paise. The maximum print speed we can get from this printer is 9 impressions per minute for black and white prints and 5 impressions per minute for colour printing. HP 530 can support up to 300 gsm sheets. This printer has a maximum duty cycle per month of up to 1000 prints. This printer has a maximum print resolution of 5760 x 1400 dpi, which is higher than the average value. The HP 530 printer does not have a fax feature.
- The Epson L5190 printer is also an AiO printer. One of the differences between Epson L5190 and HP 530 is that L5190 has digital faxing option. This printer has a page yield of 7,500 pages for colour prints and 4,500 pages for black and white prints. The cost per print is 18 paise for colour printing and, 7 paise for black and white printing. The maximum print speed we can get from this printer is 10 impressions per minute for black and white prints and 5 impressions per minute for colour printing. Epson L5190 can support up to 200 gsm sheets. This printer has a maximum duty cycle per month of up to 500 prints. This printer has a maximum print resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi.
- The Canon G4010 printer also has the fax feature apart from basic features like printing, scanning, and copying. Page yield of this printer is around 7,000 pages for colour prints and around 5,000 prints for black and white prints. Canon G4010 has a cost per print of 21 paise for colour prints and 8 paise for black and white prints. The average print speed of this printer is 8.8 impressions per minute for black and white, and 5 impressions per minute for colour prints. This printer can handle up to 275 gsm sheets. This printer has a maximum print resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi.
Ink Tank Features
All three printers are ink tank printers. All of them have transparent ink tanks which will help to measure ink levels. The ink refilling mechanism used in all three printers is spill-free technique.
The original ink bottles for these printers cost around Rs. 2,000. Check current price at links below:
ADF and Duplex Features
ADF and duplex printing are two of the commonly confused features in printers. First let me explain the basics: Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) is a feature that will allow us to scan and/or copy a page(s) automatically through a mechanical feeder. When we place sheets to be scanned or copied in the feeder, it will suck in one page at a time and scan both sides of that page so you can copy the file. Duplex printing or two-sided printing is a feature that will allow users to print both sides of a sheet. There are two types: automatic duplex printing which will allow us to print both sides without any manual interventions, and manual duplex printing which requires us to manually turn over the sheets in the tray. This feature normally does not require any additional paper trays.
- HP 530 printer does not have the automatic duplex function, so we have to manually do two-sided printing. But this printer does have ADF feature and the feeder tray has a capacity of 35 sheets.
- Epson L5190 printer does not have the automatic duplex function, so we have to manually do two-sided printing. But this printer does have ADF feature and the feeder tray has a capacity of 30 sheets.
- The Canon G4010 printer does not have the automatic duplex function, so we have to manually do two-sided printing. But this printer does have ADF feature and the feeder tray has a capacity of 20 sheets.
Wireless Connectivity Features
Except for HP 530 printer all other printers have only WiFi connectivity. In this category, HP 530 clearly wins over others with Bluetooth LE connectivity options. Bluetooth LE is the latest wireless feature that will allow printers to receive print commands even when they are on low power/sleep mode.
- HP 530 supports dual-band WiFi which supports two frequency ranges (2.4GHz and 5GHz) which will reduce data collision and smooth data communications. This printer also supports Bluetooth LE connectivity which will allow users to use the printer even if it is on sleep mode.
- Epson L5190 and Canon G4010 only support single-band (2.4GHz) WiFi connectivity and has no Bluetooth connectivity.
All three printers have display features and the menu options are pretty much advanced compared to budget printers.
- Among these three, HP 530 has the most advanced UI. This printer has a touch display as its user interface, which makes the process far easier for the user. But there is this prevailing issue of touch sensor damage.
- Epson L5190 has a colour display and a comprehensive set of buttons as its user interface.
- Canon G4010 has the least advanced UI. This printer has a segmented display and a comprehensive set of buttons as its UI. The only advantage I saw in this printer’s UI is that it is placed conveniently on the top.
OS Support and Warranty
All of the three printers support major operating systems, namely MS Windows and macOS. Make sure you’re using recent versions of these operating systems.
As for the warranty, HP 530 and Epson L5190 provides coverage of up to one year or 30,000 prints (whichever comes first). Canon G4010 gives warranty coverage of up to one year or 15,000 prints (whichever comes first).
The medium price range printers are a competitive section in our marketplace; new printers are releasing every month in this price range. I just picked three popular printers (according to users) in this price range and compared them according to their features. I hope my article helped you to make a purchase decision.